Saturday, January 24, 2009

a new era...

What an inspiring week it has been! As I watched and listened to President Obama, the words of so many people echoed in my mind..."I never thought it would happen in my lifetime. I never thought we would have a black president while I was alive." And we do. It is a new era where we can have renewed faith in our leaders, in our government and trust that they will lead. The time has come. In the words of poet Derek Walcott: "The day will come when with elation you will greet yourself arriving at your own door, in your own mirror and each will smile at the other's welcome saying sit here, eat. You will love again the stranger who was yourself." Let us love and embrace the strangers we have been to each other and to ourselves and usher in a new era together.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home